Electric Shock Safety and Prevention Week runs this year from November 18-22.
Exactly one year ago today, I shocked the nerves in my right hand up to my elbow as I tried to pull my lamp plug out of the socket with wet hands. I spent six hours in the hospital.
Let this serve as a reminder to you to think consciously about your actions, to live in the moment, and to remember that no amount of corner-cutting or time-saving is worth risking your health, of the health and safety of those around you.
Most importantly, always dry your hands before you leave the washroom, and turn the lamp off using the switch as it was meant to be used.